Transform your space, make it a better place!From urban gardening to recycling, we help you design and install sustainable features at your work space and even your own home. Eedama also offers training sessions on how to maintain these features along with the installation process.
Sustainable gardening through Aquaponics
Did you know that you can have your fish feed your plants while your plants clean your fish’s water? This can happen thanks to Aquaponics: the marriage of aquaculture (raising fishes) and hydroponics (putting plants in direct contact with water in order to save water).
When plants are grown traditionally in soil, 95% of the water used for watering is wasted. Therefore, it’s very relevant in the UAE as it allows a substantial saving of water. The plants use only the water they need and the rest is sent back to the fish.
In this system, the plants naturally filter the water for the fish while the fish waste provides an organic food source for the plants, which then produces organic food!
- Aquarium: Where the water and the fish are.
- Plants Bench: Where the plants and the gravel are placed
- Gravel: The media where plants are grown
- Pump: A device that circulates the water from the aquarium up to the bench
Food waste reduction and recycling
Composting is a way to reduce the amount of waste that we send to the landfills. It involves recycling of essential elements and nutrients for plants such as “green” fresh food waste and “brown” dry organic waste in order to produce organic food.
Count what composting will bring in terms of carbon emissions avoided, organic food potentially produced and financial saving.
- 1 large box for fermentation.
- 2 boxes for decomposition.
- 1 box for gardening.
Water Saving Strategies
Installing filters and devices that help you save waterHave you ever wondered how you can contribute to help save and conserve our water resources while also reducing your water bill? There are many simple hands-on and practical solutions to implement at your workspace, school or home. Eedama can help you assess the saving potential by installing devices that help in:
- Saving: Reduce water consumption
- Treatment: Filtering water to drinkable water
Installation & Process:
- Explore the Reed Beds water treatment system.
- Install Aerators
- Install Filters
Clean energy for a reduced energy bill and a better tomorrow
The core competencies of most of our scientists and engineers is solar photovoltaic energy, we therefore offer solar energy consultancy for various types of audiences and application.
Solar systems technologies greatly differ: You might need an autonomous solar panels+battery system or a grid-connected system.
Solar panels technologies also differ: Do you need thin film solar panels or crystalline silicon? This will depend on your expected consumption and on the location where they will be installed.
Eedama (in collaboration with Beacon Energy Solutions, Dubai) can help you install solar panels for your facility and choose the best technology for your application (A house? A remote site where you simply want a charging station? A mobile electricity generator based on batteries and solar panels?)
Recycling & Sorting
Do recycling and sorting right!
Every company, school and house needs to have sorting and recycling facilities, however; these facilities tend to be disregarded. We, however, make it happen! Eedama can organize your bins, contact your collection company, and implement effective communication campaigns.
Installation & Process:
- Install Different Recycling Bins.
- Paper Making & Reuse Workshops
- Organize recycling at the level of the company/facility
- Collection Company Assessment
Sustainability at home is an important part of the whole “sustainable world” puzzle!
Do you want your kids to understand what climate change is?
Do you want, at the same time, to reduce your energy bill?
Do you want to spend actual quality time with your family, not looking at a screen? Doing something that will be useful for your home?
We have some ideas to share with you… Contact us!
You are wondering … What ideas? Well, here is a non-comprehensive list:
- Go for compost! (In collaboration with The Agriculture Box)
- Install solar panels (in collaboration with Beacon Energy Solutions, Dubai).
- Decrease you AC’s electricity consumption (in collaboration with RepairPlus, Dubai)
- Green Roof: how all houses should look in the future! (Collaboration with reedbed.ae)
- Make water from humid air (collaboration with Blue Dew, UAE)
- Always have green organic vegetables and herbs: feed your plants thanks to your fishes, go for aquaponics! (in collaboration with Desert Farmers , UAE or FreshFarms, USA)